Monday, August 08, 2005

Final numbers for the MLB Hall of Fame projections

After looking at the Hall of Fame candidates at each position in MLB, I project 37 players that are 25 or older to make it to Cooperstown. Since there are so many players under 25 that have had success early on, I think that age group will contribute a few more Hall of Famers. I mentioned 13 players in specific that are off to a good start. Out of those 13, I can see at least six making the Hall of Fame. That bumps the projected total to 43 players. I would have to check it out but I'm pretty sure that no other era has seen that many active Hall of Fame players at the same time. It's possible that the voters will crack down if they think the number of inductees is getting out of hand. The problem is that these are players that deserve it. If they crack down, they'll be keeping people out just for the purpose of increasing the prestige of the Hall of Fame. I would hope that doesn't happen. Anyhow, you can see the complete list of projections under Active Hall of Famers in MLB. I'll also be linking this on the sidebar and updating the list as time goes on.

No comments:

 

Powered by Blogger