Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Coin Flip Challenge Week 2 Results

I have good news and bad news. The good news is that I improved over the previous week. The bad news is that I might be the worst ATS picker in the known Universe. I’m being dominated by a coin flip. I thought the whole point of the spread was that it is essentially a 50/50 decision. Aside from tie games (where Vegas makes its money), there should really be no reason for anyone to fare significantly worse, or better than 50%. Well, I’m at 10-19-1 on the season which comes to a winning percentage of 35%. I’m embarrassed. However, I remain resolute in my determination to unseat the coin flip and climb above 50% on the season. According to the two statistic courses that I took in college, the numbers will even out the longer this competition goes. The fact that for the most part, picking ATS is a 50/50 proposition, there is a good chance that I will bounce back with a fury this week. The coin flip isn’t exactly tearing it up either. He/She is 12-17-1 on the season. In fact, the competition has not produced one score above 50% in four chances. That should change this week. We’re both angry and ready to go for week three of this meaningless challenge.

No comments:

 

Powered by Blogger