Monday, September 19, 2005

MSU says I'm not crazy and I believe them

I might be in the minority but I was happy to see Michigan St. beat Notre Dame. There’s probably 5-10 reasons why I wanted Michigan St. to win but the main reason is because it underlines/highlights/emphasizes/drives home the point that Michigan had no business losing to Notre Dame at home. I’m sure most of you already know that but I’ve come to realize that it really doesn’t matter what we think. Nobody cares what John Q. Michigan fan thinks. The fact of the matter is that Michigan wins 8-10 games per year, finishes in the top 20, makes a New Year’s Day bowl, and shares Big-Ten Championships. That’s all that matters. If you want more than that, you’re S.O.L.

That has become the accepted status quo with the coaching staff, athletic department, 25% of the fan-base and pretty much anyone else who’s in a position of importance. The only recourse someone in my (and maybe yours) shoes has is validation through such occurrences as Michigan St. annually beating Notre Dame. I have to admit that there are times when I think I’m crazy. There are times where I feel like I’m on the “Truman Show” and everyone is just pretending for the sake of making me insane that everything is A-OK with the Michigan football program. However, I can always count on MSU to make me realize that I’m not insane at all. Thanks MSU. Maybe you can do me another favor in two weeks.

No comments:

 

Powered by Blogger