Wednesday, September 21, 2005

The Coin Flip Challenge Week 1 results

As I feared and pretty much predicted, I got smoked by the coin flip in week one of the Coin-Flip Challenge. Aside from being victorious over the much ballyhooed and highly overrated coin flip, I have a personal goal of finishing above .500 for the season. Judging from week one, it seems like my best bet might be if the coin mysteriously disappears. However, I come away from the week one nightmare more determined than ever before. I will not let a coin steal my manhood. I’m predicting glorious victory in week two.

As for week one, I finished a pathetic 5-10-1. The coin flip played the Bears to my Lions with a 7-8-1 record. I took some heat for some of my picks but all I can say is that this is the first time that I’ve picked NFL games against the spread (ATS). Just like anything else, it takes some time to get used to trends and what not. I now see how ridiculous it was to take San Francisco +13 at Philly. Likewise, I now see how ridiculous it was to even come up with this absurd challenge anyway since I’m unjustifiably horrible at picking ATS. But, I made my bed, so I have to sleep in it. Maybe I can stop making my bed or better yet, maybe my bed will mysteriously disappear. Anyhow, I predict great and wonderful things for week two. The coin better watch out because I’m on to his/her strategy.

No comments:

 

Powered by Blogger