Thursday, November 09, 2006

Simulated Gambling Week 11

The ship is sinking fast. It’s amazing how much things can change in one week. I was dreaming of being 20 games over .500 just a few days ago. Now, I’m barely treading water. My best bet at finishing above .500 on the season is probably canceling this whole experiment yesterday. But that’s not going to happen because I have too much pride to go out like that. I’d rather finish below .500 than stop midway through just to preserve glory (if you want to call it that). Ty Cobb may be OK with pulling that stunt but I am not. Naturally, I’ll tackle this endeavor by picking a season-high 24 games. A lot can go wrong when you pick that many games so if you never see “Simulated Gambling” again, you’ll know what happened.


Season record to date: 70-68-3


(Home team in CAPS; My picks in Bold)

ILLINOIS-3 Purdue

I’ve got no compelling reason to take Purdue other than I think Purdue “should” win.

Michigan -18.5 INDIANA

If Lloyd keeps his starters in, Indiana will struggle to keep this game close.

Louisville -5.5 RUTGERS

Regardless of the outcome of this game, Rutgers is a good team. I just think Louisville wins pretty big.

Georgia Tech -15 NORTH CAROLINA

I don’t think North Carolina will be able to contain Calvin Johnson.

FLORIDA STATE -8.5 Wake Forest

This line is on name alone. There is no reason, whatsoever, that Wake Forest should be 8.5 underdogs to FSU.

Navy -9 EMU

Navy in another blowout.

ARKANSAS -6 Tennessee

Arkansas is starting to get some respect. I think this will be a close game decided by a field goal.

AUBURN -14 Georgia

Auburn hasn’t played a good game in a while. The Tigers should have no problem winning this game but Georgia could keep it relatively close.

WASHINGTON -18.5 Stanford

I don’t particularly like picking Washington because I always lose when I go with the Huskies. But, Stanford is terrible.

LSU -18 Alabama

This is a vote of confidence for Alabama’s defense to keep them from getting killed.

FLORIDA -14 South Carolina
SC is good enough to stick around.

COLORADO -8.5 Iowa State

I have no faith in Iowa State but I don’t see any reason why Colorado should win this game by 8.5 or more.

Minnesota PK MICHIGAN STATE

Minnesota killed Indiana last week. Indiana killed MSU two weeks ago. By the power of Grayskull (and the transitive property), I take Minnesota.

Notre Dame -11 AIR FORCE

I just don’t think any service academy can stick with Notre Dame’s skill on offense.

California -13 ARIZONA

I’ve been taking Cal lately without anything to show for it. This should finally be the week.

Boise State -13 SAN JOSE STATE

I am going to keep taking Boise State on the road until it pays off. I’m beyond the point of no return.


NEVADA -28.5 Utah State

This is a vote against Utah State.

OKLAHOMA -9.5 Texas Tech

Oklahoma has impressed me a bit with victories over Missouri and Texas A&M. However, I don’t think the Sooners are good enough to blow out Texas Tech.

CLEMSON -17.5 NC State

I don’t know how the odds-makers came to this line. NC State has shown nothing this year to think that they’ll lose by at least 17.5 points.

Texas -17 KANSAS STATE

I’m not impressed with Kansas State.

Oregon State PK UCLA
Oregon State and UCLA are clearly headed in different directions. OSU has all the momentum.

USC -8 Oregon

Oregon can stick with USC. The Trojans will probably pull it out but this will be fairly close.

HAWAII-35 Louisiana Tech

Hawaii destroys teams at home. This spread should be -50!

BYU -17.5 Wyoming

BYU is a hot team. I’ll try to get on board for a win or two.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dig your site!

If you like any of this stuff, feel free to link.

Keep it up!

http://nothingilluminated.blogspot.com/

Jake said...

Thanks! You've got some cool stuff going on over there. I'll definitely throw it on my blog roll.

Go Blue!

 

Powered by Blogger