Monday, October 03, 2005

Upon Further review, No revival

When I first decided to start a blog, I thought long and hard for a good name. At the time, I was enthusiastic about the direction of Detroit sports with the emergence of the Tigers as a competitive ball club and the roster over haul that the Lions have experienced. So, I came up with Motown Sports Revival.

That was just four short months ago. In reality, there is no revival. There was never going to be a revival. I don’t know what I was thinking. Now, I have a blog title that makes no sense and to be honest, it never will. The Pistons and Red Wings are already good so there will be no revival no matter how well they perform this year. The Tigers and Lions are terrible and will always be terrible. I guarantee that this blog will be retired before the Lions and Tigers give anything back to the city of Detroit.

If I could do it all over again, I would name this blog, “Motown Sports: Why does anyone even care?” Now that’s a title that I can get behind and celebrate. Don’t get me wrong, I’m looking forward to the Pistons and the Red Wings. The Pistons should be markedly more efficient on offense with Flip Saunders running the show. The Wings have as good of a roster as anyone in the NHL. The Pistons and Red Wings are enough to sustain me forever. I don’t need anything else. However, I still have a blog title that makes as much sense as Pearl Jam naming themselves, “Mookie Blaylock”.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Come on, have faith in the Lions hanging tough to that tie for the division lead in the "tough" NFC North

 

Powered by Blogger