Thursday, June 30, 2005

Oden, O-damn!

Greg Oden has committed to Ohio St. Oden could've been the #1 pick in next year's draft if the NBA hadn't changed it's age rule. Oden said, "it didn't really affect my decision, because I always knew I wanted to go to college". Whatever! In my lifetime, I have never seen a top 3 lottery pick turn down the draft. Oden can love college all he wants but I bet he loves millions of dollars more.

In any event, Oden's commitment to the Buckeyes continues Ohio St.'s basketball renaissance. Oden's teammate and nationally ranked high school recruit Mike Conley will also play college basketball for Ohio St. In a season marred by probation, coach Thad Matta and Co. gave top ranked Illinois their only regular season loss and managed to play respectable ball. Unfortunately for Michigan fans, Ohio State Basketball seems to be making the leap right before our eyes. How this happened, I have no idea.

If there's any consolation, I highly doubt Oden will be in Columbus for more than one season. Regardless, the Oden and Conley commitments will surely make some noise in the recruiting world and give potential recruits plenty of reason to head to Columbus. Bummer.

No comments:

 

Powered by Blogger